My name is Wahid Zia. I am collecting stamps since the last 37 years (1980). I created a blog which includes the information of Pakistan all stamps. W/W new issues & all issues of Pakistan from 1947 to date are available on this blog. I invite you to visit my blog and get useful information.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

WWF postage stamps by Israel Post

Israel Post has recently issued a magnificent set of stamps featuring leopards.

The leopard population of northern Israel was completely wiped out in the 1960's (probably by shepherds). Today only a small number of leopards exist in southern Israel, in the Negev and Judean Desert areas.

The international World Wildlife Fund (WWF) organization was a partner to this philatelic project. The panda symbol and WWF logo on the stamps appear with the consent of WWF, right holder to the WWF trademark, copyright 1986.

No comments:

Post a Comment